Monday, November 10, 2008

More on Sacred Contracts

I have been writing about my personal experience with Sacred Contracts, a system developed by Caroline Myss. Yesterday I wrote about how I selected my archetypes, and how the Sacred Contracts Consultant I was working with then affirmed those selections by using a pendulum. We actually went back and forth several times with ideas and suggestions, and did not finalize all of them until we met face-to-face.

When we met and settled on the 12th and final archetype for my chart, we then used Caroline's process for determining which archetypes go into which of the 12 houses on the chart. This amounts to clearing your mind, setting your intent that the archetypes go to their true houses, then sorting them in a seemingly random way with cards designated 1 through 12. When I first read about this process several years ago in Sacred Contracts, I had a lot of resistance to the notion that this could truly lead to one's precise natal chart of archetypes. I felt rather disillusioned with the whole process, and more or less walked away from it. I have now reconsidered that position, based on Caroline's explanation that doing this critical process in what seems to be an irrational way is precisely the point - we need to bypass our conscious ego mind, which would interfere with the process and arrange these sacred assignments in a way that would feel rational and safe.

The results were surprising, but also surprisingly sensible. I wrote yesterday about one of the archetypes I chose, The Warrior. I was initially reluctant to choose this archetype because I could not see how it applied to my life, but eventually acknowledged that it should be one of the twelve. Well, this archetype landed in my 7th house, which is the house of relationships and partnerships. I immediately realized why I had some resistance to choosing this archetype, since I had not considered that The Warrior might be active in my relationships - especially so since my relationship could really use more Warrior energy.

No comments: