Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sacred Contracts - My Natal Chart

After this post, I will move on to other subjects. But to end this particular series of posts on Sacred Contracts, I will list the archetypes in my natal chart, and the houses they are in:

1. Saboteur
2. Magical Child
3. Seeker
4. Dilettante
5. Mediator
6. Healer
7. Warrior
8. Victim
9. Prostitute
10. Lover
11. Hermit
12. Writer

Each house is associated with the same themes as the astrological houses. So, for example, the seventh house is associated with relationships. This is where my Warrior archetype landed. At first this bothered me, then it greatly intrigued me. I needed to consider how this Warrior energy plays out in my relationships, and I needed to look beyond the first association that came to mind: "Love is a Battlefield"!

There has certainly been plenty of that in my relationships, but there is more to all of the archetypes than the literal meanings. They are, by definition, symbols, and need to be understood symbolically (although a certain amount of obvious literal energy does manifest). In this case, the Warrior is the archetype in my chart with the most "male" energy. That is certainly welcome in my relationship house. The Warrior requires me to fulfill the active principle in my relationships, meaning that I frequently must be the initiator in my relationship dynamics. Also, the Warrior is committed to his cause and has a huge amount of loyalty. Perfect for a committed partnership!

These are just some of the meanings I can read into this configuration, and there are eleven other archetype-house energies to integrate in the same way. Furthermore, as in astrology, the energy in each of the houses interacts with the energy in other houses. I am awed by the enormity of the Sacred Contracts natal chart, and the huge themes it highlights in each persons life.

No comments: