Friday, October 24, 2008

Colette Baron-Reid

A few months ago I had never heard of Colette Baron-Reid. In the short time between now and then, I have become a huge fan. I discovered Colette when I registered for the I Can Do It! - Tampa conference (www.icandoit.net). As I was trying to decide which workshops to attend at the conference, I did some research and found that her products were very well reviewed on Amazon (www.amazon.com). I bought her book Remembering the Future, and read it in a few days. I couldn't put it down.

Remembering the Future is basically an autobiography, with a focus on how Colette came to be at the point where she is today. She is a gifted psychic, though as she explains in the book, her life-long dream was to be a recording artist. For years she did readings only to support her dream of being a singer. The way she comes to terms with this conflict is one of my favorite things about the book. She eventually realized that it was God's will for her to focus on her psychic gifts, and let go of the singing career. Once she surrendered to that, she became hugely successful. And I think her star is still rising.

The process that Colette went through flies in the face of programs like The Secret. She was completely savvy to doing all of the visualizations and affirmations to manifest her dream singing career, but it just didn't happen. That's not to say that people shouldn't do visualizations and affirmations, but I think her message is that if you do the work, and still it does not manifest, perhaps the Universe has something else in mind for you. I think of it as God's veto power. Yes you may be a co-creator with the Divine, and the Divine will support you as long as what you are working to manifest is consistent with your soul's purpose and life lessons. However, if it is not, God's veto power will prevent it from happening. There comes a point when acceptance and surrender must replace your own willful intention.

Since I loved Remembering the Future so much, I also bought Colette's Journey Through the Chakras CD. This is an excellent guided meditation CD, and I listen to it several times each week. There is something so uplifting and energizing about Colette's work.

I immediately recognized this positive energy when I saw Colette in person at the I Can Do It! - Tampa conference. She is full of life and laughter, and at the same time, watching her give a reading is incredible. When she was speaking before Sylvia Browne at the conference, everyone in the audience had a bracelet with a number on it, and random numbers were chosen from a basket for people to come up and get a reading. Despite this system, Colette would also describe certain people in the audience who she wanted to "read" based on spirits that were contacting her. She gave extremely accurate readings to everyone she called up, both those she called up herself and those chosen through the random number system. Witnessing this process was so exciting and entertaining.

I could go on and on about my impressions of this woman, but I strongly encourage you to experience her for yourself. On her website you can join her "Members Lounge" for free, and gain access to lots of free information and advice. She also does a weekly radio show on Hay House Radio. She is still on tour with Sylvia Browne, and does other workshops on a regular basis (look at the events listings at www.hayhouse.com). What really excites me is that she has a five day workshop coming up in February called "Your Partnership with Spirit." If I could come up with $3000 before then, I would so be there! But times being what they are, I don't know if I will make it. Regardless, I am so grateful I have discovered Colette. She is bright, generous, and exceptionally gifted.

No comments: