Thursday, October 23, 2008

Doreen Virtue

Yesterday I wrote a little bit about seeing Doreen Virtue in Tampa, and how I enjoyed her lecture there, as well as the readings she did for people in the audience. I also enjoy her weekly radio show on Hay House Radio. She is smart, articulate, and fun to listen to.

I only recently discovered Doreen. A couple of months ago I had a sudden urge to read books about angels, and Doreen has written many. Based on the Amazon reader reviews, I chose her book Angels 101, which as its title suggests is more or less a basic primer. It's a quick, breezy read, but it's a pretty book with a light, positive touch.

Although I enjoyed the book, I was not an instant Doreen Virtue fan. However, about a month after I read Angels 101, I saw her being interviewed in Louise Hay's You Can Heal Your Life DVD (which I rented from Netflix). Something she said in that movie really struck me, and has stayed with me ever since. She was talking about listening to divine guidance, and how that comes through. She said it is a step-by-step process, and the guidance usually directs you one step at a time. When you complete one step, you receive the next step. Eventually the steps lead you to where you need to be.

This immediately made sense to me, and really helped me to relax and focus on my own intuitive next steps, and not think and worry so much about where I'm ultimately going. I suddenly became very clear on exactly what I needed to do with my life, and it got me to the point where I feel very happy with what I'm doing, rather than worrying about what I "should" be doing, or what I'm not doing. Thanks to Doreen for the great advice!

By the way, if you're interested in the You Can Heal Your Life DVD, I strongly recommend that you rent the "expanded version" and skip Disc 1 altogether. Just watch the interviews on Disc 2. Not only is each interview fascinating and engrossing, in total they cover all the principles covered in the actual movie (and more), without the rather irritating narrative intercut throughout the movie about an anonymous every-woman in the process of changing her thinking.

Back to Doreen, if you have an interest in angels, by all means check her out. Personally I struggle a bit with admitting my fascination with angels. Some harsh part of me says that angels are nothing but childish fantasy. Yet the wiser part of me knows that angel consciousness is a very loving, healing, and protective energy to bring into your life and into the world. It is powerful.

No comments: